Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fresh Produce

As many of you who live in Wisconsin know, the last two days have been cool.  As far as I am concerned it is warm enough.  I would much rather be cold than hot.  I especially want it a little cool because I have work to do.  Today we had a very pleasant surprise.  My daughter's in-laws came this morning for donuts and coffee.  They always have a large beautiful garden.  They brought tons of fresh produce.  This year I didn't plant a thing.  Not even one tomato plant, so this was great.  They brought cabbage, onions, cucumbers, beets and Swiss chard.  I think I will make beet pickles, bread and butter pickles, a large batch of cabbage rolls for the freezer and I have to research what to do with the Swiss chard.  I have a soup recipe that will use some of it.  I will report back in a couple days with the results.  It was very thoughtful of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment