Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Berlin Marsh Apple Orchard

Today I went shopping with my daughter and grandson.  The first place we went was a small privately owned apple orchard. 


They didn't have a huge selection and it wasn't one of those fancy farm markets, but they had very nice apples.  There were just a few varieties.  Last year the apple crop was so poor that it was nice to see that this was going to be a good year for the apple growers.  He had Wolf River apples there that aren't easy to find.  My mom used to get them for baking so I bought a peck of them.  Another kind they had were the Honey Crisp variety.  They are a wonderful eating apple.  They are crisp and sweet.  I also bought a pound of fresh cranberries.  My daughter got some onions and a bag of Cortland apples which are her favorite.

On this table were MacIntosh and Cortland apples.

Cranberries sold by the pound.


Here is Ewan in his fireman coat holding his fireman hat in one hand and an apple in the other.


Next we went to lunch and then to a few stores that I don't normally get to.  I am a regular patron of the lumber yards and the Fleet Farm store.  Today we went to TJ Maxx, JoAnn fabrics, Target and the Outlet Mall.  It was a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment